Our Class A CDL Professional Driving Program was developed with the working student in mind. The Professional Commercial Truck Driver - Class A program is offered over 190 hours. We offer:
- Advanced technology
- Simulator training
- 50 hours 1:1 driving practice (no “observing” while others drive)
- Best yet, we offer evening and weekend training
There are currently three different enrollment session available to our students:
- Weekdays - Day Hours - Monday to Friday, 9 am - 1 pm, 2 pm - 6 pm
- Weekdays - Evening Hours - Monday to Friday, 6 pm - 10 pm
- Weekends - Saturday 9 am - 2 pm, 1 pm - 5 pm
- Weekends - Sunday 9 am - 1 pm & 1 pm - 5 pm
- The purpose of the program is to prepare individuals who want to apply for a Commercial Vehicle License (CDL) to successfully complete the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) general knowledge test and to perform the necessary skills to drive a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) during the road test.
- Upon successful completion of this program, and the DPS test graduates will be eligible for employment as an entry-level truck driver and will require additional supervised driving hours before being able to operate tractor-trailers as solo drivers safely.
- Individuals with a CDL will find employment in any industry where the transportation of goods is essential.
- For greater employment opportunities valid CDL holders can apply for certain endorsements i.e. Hazardous materials, Tanker and passenger endorsements.
- Black Wolf CDL Training Center provides seminar training for the Hazardous Materials Endorsement (HME) and the Tanker Endorsement – please ask your instructor for further details.
- Instructors at Black Wolf CDL Training Center strive to individualize each student’s program to fit their training needs, and it would, therefore, be impossible to describe all the possibilities here.
In this program students will learn:
- To operate a tractor-trailer
- Department of Transportation and Interstate Commission rules and Regulations
- Space management, close quarter maneuvering, and backing
- Day and night driving operations
- To detect and identify preventive maintenance problems on tractor-trailer units
- To interpret all safety regulations of tractor-trailer units
- Cargo liability and security regulations
- To pass the commercial license examination and obtain the commercial license
If you are interested in finding out more information about our CDL Training Center in Bryan/College Station, our Professional Commercial Truck Diver - Class A training program, or if you are ready to sign-up, please fill out our contact form or call us today at (979) 704-5005.